Product Reviews

Makeup Tutorials

Makeup Tips

Beauty Tips

Anya Hindmarch 'I'm not a plastic bag'

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Designed by Anya Hindmarch, this chic and eco-friendly design was created in partnership with global science change movement We Are What We Do, to encourage people against using plastic carrier bags. Check www.anyahindmarch.com for updates on how to pre-order it.

The first time I saw this bag on TV the other day, I wanted to get one for myself. Its sold out in Malaysia. It was launched at KLCC on 6 July 2007 and retailed for RM55 and is limited (its going over $200 on ebay). I checked the Anya Hindmarch website and it said that the one launched in our Malaysian stores will be cream with grey lettering.

Anyway, the “I’m not a Plastic Bag” bag is a canvas shopping tote. Its meant to be an enviromentally friendly creation, to reduce the use of plastic bags. I suppose you could say that I could just buy one of those green bags that are being offered at some supermarkets, but hey! Those aren’t Anya Hindmarch bags! This one actually looks good carried outside of the grocery store and you could even take it on shopping trips or for a casual day out. Its that sort of bag. I want it! Even the celebs love it.

Today, Anya Hindmarch stores in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Malaysia launched I’m Not A Plastic Bag. These bags have now all sold out.

I’m Not A Plastic Bag limited edition colours will also be available in July from the following countries:

14th July – Japan
A limited edition green version launches in Anya Hindmarch Ginza Store, Isetan and Dover Street Market in Tokyo .

18th July – U S
A limited edition blue version will be available to buy from selected New York and Tri-State area Whole Foods Market stores.

End of July – Europe
The original brown bag launches at Brown Thomas in Ireland and Corso Como in Milan.

0 What say u? :