Product Reviews

Makeup Tutorials

Makeup Tips

Beauty Tips

My Mum's Makeup Before And After

Friday, December 12, 2008

Last week, my mum asked me to do the makeup for her for a wedding she would be attending. I was really excited! It's always been like this every time if there's a dinner function, I was asked to do her makeup. Even my sisters, relatives and sometimes friends, they would call me up to do the makeup for them. Well, for you information, I'm not a professional makeup artist by any means. And, I never worked for a cosmetics counter or makeup artistry school. I'm just a makeup-loving junkie who enjoyed and addicted to makeup. I went through a number of stages as I learn and develop. And, I realized that I'm still in the learning stage and need more and more improvements and practices... :-)

I used whatever makeup cosmetics I had in hand. My mum wanted the smokey green eyes look which went nicely with the dress she was wearing that night. So, I decided to keep her face glow just to make sure the skin is hydrated. My mum has a square face shape. I tried to contour her face and change her face shape just to give the illusion of a perfect, symmetrical face. I contoured her sides of jaw and temples, highlighted her centre of nose, centre of cheeks and chin, and blushed on the sides of her cheekbones. In the end, I think she looked so beautiful!

Here are before and after makeup shots:



Face
- makeup base moisturizer
- MAC Strobe Cream
- Maybelline Clear Smooth Gel Foundation
- powder blush

Eyes
- eyeshadow primer
- MAC eyeshadow pigment (emerald green and old gold)
- MAC smolder eye kohl/blacktrack fluidline
- brow bone highlighter
- MAC Prep + Prime Lash/Zoom Lash mascara

Lip
- Clinique lip gloss in pink crush

0 What say u? :