Product Reviews

Makeup Tutorials

Makeup Tips

Beauty Tips

Product Review: The Face Shop The Skin Extra BB Cream SPF20 PA++

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Face Shop The Skin Extra BB Cream SPF20 PA++Have you heard of BB cream? BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm or Blemish Base, is a cosmetic item sold in Korea and it is also the hottest beauty product in Korea. BB cream started out as a therapeutic moisturizer in Germany used to treat the irritated skin of the patients who went under peeling, laser, or microdermabrasion. BB cream is actually an all-in-one make up product that can be used as a moisturizer, make up base, concealer and foundation. This cream really save my time during the morning rush!

I've heard many reviews about different brands of BB cream lately. So, I decided to try The Face Shop The Skin Extra BB Cream SPF20 PA++. I bought it few months ago and it was my first BB cream from The Face Shop. I think it sounds good as it claims that this product "formulated with Marjoram and Acti-firm Complex to sooth irritated skin, this 3-in-1 moisturizer offers SPF20 protection, corrects complexion with natural coverage and replenishes skin with nutrients".

Companies that currently carry the BB cream are mostly Korean and include the following:

Bio Remedies Therapeutic Cosmetics (BRTC)
Skin Food
Missha
Skin 79
Etude
The Face Shop

Here's my review:

I don't really like the smell because it smells like sunblock!! It has very good coverage indeed and it lasts me all day. I usually put on a light layer since I prefer a natural look and then I blend it in, after that I pat my face lightly for it to set. Once it sets in, it just looks so natural and my skin is much less oily throughout the day. For this product, you don't have to put too much on otherwise it may looks so cakey. To keep my skin moisturized, I sometimes wear it after moisturizer as I have dry to normal skin. My skin could gets dry easily without moisturizer after few hours of application. I thought it's supposed to hydrate my skin but it's not!! But, nevermind... It's still one of my favourite product though!! Perhaps this product is more suitable for those who has oily skin? Well, I'm not sure... You gotta try it out!!


You might also consider the following:
SKIN79 BLEMISH BALM BB CREAM ABSOULTE TOTAL SPF37 PA++ 40gMISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 Natural Beige SPF42 PA+++ (50ml)L'EGERE White Multi B.B Blemish Balm creamETUDE HOUSE BB Magic Cream 35ml (Refreshing) - for Oily Skin

0 What say u? :