Product Reviews

Makeup Tutorials

Makeup Tips

Beauty Tips

MAC Primer And Mascara

Thursday, November 20, 2008


Prep + Prime Lash

"Prep + Prime Lash
For use under mascara: a white coat that dries to a semi-clear base. Smoothes and conditions the lashes. Intensifies the build and lengthening quality of all formulas. Helps mascara last longer." - MAC

I always apply primer first before mascara and wait for like 2-3 minutes before putting on mascara. I have very thin and straight lashes. So, I have to curl my lashes at the very first place before applying primer. This primer helps to hold the curl and to create thick lashes. But, in my case, it doesn't hold the curl of my lashes at all. So, what I do is that after application of primer, I put on mascara but in a very thin coat of mascara. Once it dries up, I curl my lashes again for second time. Apply another coat of mascara again and it's done. It really makes my straight lashes curl up very nicely for the whole day!!!


Zoom Lash

"This instant volume mascara power-lifts the lashes into length, curls them up...builds them faster than you can wink! Precision control wand glides smoothly down lashes to provide a gorgeously silky upward "sweep". Smudgeproof and long-wearing!" - MAC

I have used this mascara for about a month now. It works great and natural! I like it because it doesn't smudge or fade for the whole day. In fact, I switched from Maybelline, thinking this would be a nicer mascara. This mascara can clump at times (unless if you apply the primer, then it won't that clump!), but you can use a comb or a clean mascara wand. The thing that I don't really like is that it doesn't give me more volume and thickness after applying it compared to my Maybelline mascara. However, it does lengthen my lashes!!! Overall, it's quite good.

0 What say u? :